Wednesday, March 31, 2010

My Brother is Engaged!!

My brother, we'll call him Louie, got engaged last night!!! Yay!!! I'm so excited for him and his new fiance, who we'll call Keisha. They've been together for a couple of years. I've been waiting for like 8 months to hear this news. I'm so glad for them.

The first thing I did was have a chat with my mom where she told me all the details of how Louie and Keisha came to the house and told her and my dad all the details of the proposal. Did I mention today is my brother's birthday? I figured he would pick a holiday time to propose, and I'm pleasantly surprised that he chose his own birthday, lol.

The second thing I wanted to do was call PT and tell him the news. He has gained a place on the list of people I contact when I have news, mundane and important. The othe people on the list are Bad and Top and two other friends I haven't mentioned yet, who I'll call Lion and Noni. But I can't for the life of me figure why PT is on that list. He's never available when I call him. I can't remember the last time we spoke because I called and he answered. Usually it's because he's calling me or we're texting or e-mailing. I'm not one to judge our forms of communication, but it is slightly frustrating to have all these things about my life to tell him and not be able to.

I think an important part of a relationship is the part where you validate each other's lives and the things that happen in them. We do this to an extent. Most days, we discuss how our days were and things that happened during our days. I love hearing all the little details of how his day went and the difference he's making in the lives of his students. And I love being able to be there for him when his days aren't perfect. I just wish he could be there for me.

But enough about me. Congratulations Louie and Keisha!!!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails