Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Tip Top Tuesday: Focusing on Being Single Was Thankfully Just A Phase

***My girl Top is unique and one-of-a-kind. This makes the story of her love life especially interesting. Just when you think you've got her figured, she makes an unexpected move. She's my career-minded friend who is a closet nurturer. Read and learn how to be fabulous.***

Quick Recap: When I last wrote about Top on this blog, it was to say that she was starting to like the guy from college, who I'm going to call CG (college guy) from now on. She was still enjoying being single very much. Mostly, they were just old friends from school who were chatting on the phone to catch up. He expresses that he likes her and has for a while, but they stay in the friend box. Over time as Top begins to get to know CG better, she realized she could like him too.

I say that I'm thankful that Top wanting to be single no matter what was just a phase because I write about her in my blog. Imagine if she was single for the forseeable future. All I'd have to write about is her rejecting suitors left and right. While that's certainly amusing, it's not as fun for me as writing about someone's path to falling in love. So for purely selfish reasons, I'm glad she's liking CG.

I've mentioned on my main blog that I went to the Maxwell & Jill Scott concert last Tuesday night. It was a blast of course. This was something I would've done with Top before she moved to NYC. So  I went in Chicago and she's going in New York next month. And... she's taking CG with her. He's going to visit her there and they're going to the concert together. That should definitely make for an interesting story.

Also, Top recently told me that she is really officially liking CG and if only he lived in New York, she would date him. One of my favorite things about Top is she knows when to make a change. When she decided not to date for a while after the Jack debacle, it was the perfect decision. It allowed her room to focus on herself. And a side bonus was that she got to know CG really well just as a friend. Since Top is very comfortable being honest with herself, when she decided she liked him, she didn't have a mini personal crisis; I'm definitely planning on being like her when I grow up.

I don't know where these two are headed, but it will almost definitely make a great blog post, lol. CG is still looking for a new place to settle down now that grad school is done. I wonder if he'll fall in love with NYC and what it has to offer on his visit. Perhaps he can find a non-stalkerish way to move there so he and Top can date. Or maybe they'll just be great friends for whom the timing was never quite right. We shall see.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails