Saturday, September 3, 2011

Lion's Life Saturday: Getting On The Road

***Lion is my best friend from college. He's a very focused young man working on getting his MD. This focus makes having a love life a very difficult undertaking. But he's making it happen somehow.*** Read Lion's Life Wednesday posts

Last week, I talked about Lion's adjustment to single life. I mentioned that he'd had a bit of fun while on an away rotation down in Florida.

I also mentioned that he met a friend of mine at my engagement party. He invited her down to St. Louis next week when my fiance and I head down for a gig my fiance has in the St. Louis area. She agreed to come and we began making plans.

Lion isn't really much of a talker until you've gotten to know him. When I talked to my friend about the trip, she told me that she and Lion hadn't actually talked since our e-party, just via Facebook and text. For a grown-ass woman, that's not really talking like how it is for someone in their young 20s.

I told him she mentioned that and he should probably give her a call. He called her and they had a nice chat. He seems to be looking forward to her coming down with us.

He's actually coming to Chicago the Wednesday before we head down so he can take Step 2. He will stay with Easy and me at our apartment and then after my friend's class Thursday night (she's a college professor), we'll head back to St Louis. Easy will join us Saturday.

I'm thinking it will be a great trip and I'm excited for the chance to show her St. Louis and to get to watch a possibly budding relationship for Lion. I've never been witness to it before, so it could be quite interesting.

In St. Louis, we're all staying at his brother's house. His brother has a 4 bedroom house, so there's plenty of room, but it's still an intimate atmosphere. I'll let you all know how it goes.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails