Thursday, July 8, 2010

Big Bad Thursday: Settling In Chicago Is Becoming A More Solid Reality

***Big Bad Thursday is all about Bad. He's one of my best friends and was supposed to be a charming, if commitment-phobic bachelor. He finally realized that a wonderful woman he already had in his life was worth giving up bachelor-hood. So now Bad and Jordan are in love and working towards building a life together.***

Quick Recap: Last time I actually had time to post on a Thursday, I was talking about Bad nesting in his new apartment and Jordan waiting to hear from grad schools. They had basically decided that wherever she went for grad school, he would try and go to grad school in the same place.

So, the school in Chicago that caught Jordan's eye has accepted her! There's an interview for the specific program she wants. I believe that is next week. She'll be here this weekend. She was here a couple of weeks ago for a tour of the campus and the three of us went out for drinks. I was so glad to hear that it seemed pretty definite that she would be here.

Bad sees the interview as a mere formality. What emphasizes this even more is the fact that he put in his application for grad school too! In about a month and a half, these two should know for sure that they're starting grad school in the fall. As excited as I am, they are super excited too. I can't wait to help Jordan move up to Chicago.

What's even better is Bad hasn't had a real freak out moment in a while. Every so often, he's all like, "oh man, what am I doing? I'm letting go of my bachelorhood!?" Then I imagine him running around in a circle like a distraught cartoon character. I'm just kidding, it's never that bad. It's just amusing to see him succumbing to his love for this woman and to see him accepting this new life he's making for himself.

Depending on how long Sonny & Cher stay engaged, Bad may beat them down the aisle, lol. Probably not.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails