Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Lion's Life Wednesday: Looking To The Far Future

***Lion is my best friend from college. He's a very focused young man working on getting his MD. This focus makes having a love life a very difficult undertaking. But he's making it happen somehow.***


Quick Recap: Lion's girlfriend is Rudy. She went to college with us. They were dating at the end of college, but he broke it off because he didn't want a long-distance relationship. He changed his mind, he won her back, and now they're making it work even though he lives in St. Louis and she lived in Florida.

I went to visit Lion in St. Louis after my family got back from South Carolina. I asked him if Rudy was coming up to visit too because it had been a while since she's been to St. Louis. But Lion went down to Florida this week, so she wouldn't be coming up. I often wonder how she feels about him having such a close female friend. But I've never heard him say she has complained, so I guess I won't worry about it.

Their current issue is that she wants to be married and have a family eventually and he doesn't. He used to not even see himself being married, but now he can, as long as that person also doesn't want children. This has major potential to crash and burn, but probably not anytime soon. Rudy is looking for grad schools to attend. And nowhere in St. Louis is the specific psychology grad program she wants.

But when she finishes her grad program in 2012 at the same time he finishes med school, some choices will need to be made. I can't imagine him proposing to her if he knows she wants children. I can just hope he'll have changed his mind by then.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails