Sunday, January 9, 2011

Sonny's Sunday: The Holidays Were Fun And Simple

***Sonny is an old friend of mine. We went to elementary, middle, and high school together. He's also my friend who's doing the super-adult thing. He and his new fiancee Cher just bought a house. They're working on planning a life together. Even with all that stability, their love life is still interesting.***

Quick Recap [My last post about Sonny and Cher was back in November around his birthday. It was a good time all around for everyone there and I noticed that they seemed better than the last time I hung out at their house. I figured their new level of happiness had to do with making that adjustment to living together. There are always growing pains when that happens. I still want to spend time with either of them without the other, but that hadn't happened at that point.] Read Sonny's Sunday posts.

Since that time, I still haven't spent time with either of them alone.

I guess some couples just don't like being without each other.

It's a little weird that only a tiny part of their lives (when they're at work) don't include each other.

I wonder what they talk about because they're always together. There are no stories to tell.

But whatever, moving on to their holidays.

Christmas was nice for them. Good fun, family time, and all that.

They got Cher's mother a dog for Christmas.

The dog was surprise, so they had to keep it at their house for about a week and a half before Christmas.

It was an interesting time for them to have two dogs in the house, especially one who was only a temporary guest, but her mother loved the gift.

That made it worth it.

For New Year's Eve, they spent the time with Cher's family. She's got two or three sisters.

They all went over Sonny and Cher's house. They had a dinner and some drinks and brought in the new year as a family.

Sonny said he had a great time on New Year's.

I know his family is still warming up to Cher, so I'm really happy that her family likes hanging out at their house with them.

I'm going to ask some questions about their wedding plans for next week's post.

They are supposed to get married next year, so they should be making some pretty concrete plans at this point.

I can't wait to hear what they are. For instance, I want to know if they still intend on getting married on a cruise.

And I wonder who they have picked as their wedding party, or if they've even sorted that out yet.

I guess we'll see soon how all that is going.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails