Thursday, April 7, 2011

Big Bad Thursday: Finding A New Place To Live

***Big Bad Thursday is all about Bad. He's one of my best friends and was a charming, if commitment-phobic bachelor. He finally realized a woman was worth giving up complete and total bachelor-hood. So now Bad and Jordan are in love and working towards building a life together. They live in a wonderful apartment in Chicago and they are quite a fabulous couple.***


Quick Recap [My last post about Bad was two weeks ago. In that post, I talked about how integration as a couple into each other's lives was relatively painless for Bad and Jordan (as far as I know) because all their people are in support of their relationship and them being together. I pointed out that even his extended family and friends, like my mom, were into it. I was very happy that they had this hurdle covered, or rather, it wasn't even a hurdle.] Read Big Bad Thursday posts.


This week, I want to talk about what's going on currently in their lives. First, I want to say the lunch with Jordan, my mom, and me went great! We all had fun and made plans to spend more time together in the future. She and my mom seemed to really click. Jordan doesn't have family here as far as I know, so I'm hoping she can begin to build those family-type relationships so while she's in Chicago (and when they come back to visit in years to come), she'll feel like she's coming to visit family, instead of just her guy's people.


But on to life right now. Their lease is up on their apartment this month. They've been apartment hunting, but as far as I know, they haven't found the perfect place yet. They were considering buying, but their loan officer lady had a bit of a family/personal crisis and it kind of put the brakes on that venture. So now they're looking to rent for a year, and save to possibly purchase next year.


Neither of them is committed to living out their lives in Chicago. They'd prefer to be somewhere warmer, as long as it had the right schools and career opportunities. Bad recently went to a conference for work/school in San Diego. And now San Diego is at the top of their list of places they could theoretically move to. But for now, they're looking in neighborhoods in Chicago that are near the lake, whether north or south. They also want it nearby things like restaurants, bars, clubs, etc. They want to enjoy what's left of their 20s and the convenience of not having to drive everywhere is starting to increase in priority. Right now, they're close to the lake, but that's it. They have to drive even for a run to the grocery store to buy a bottle of wine.


I'm hoping they find something fabulous, but as time runs out, their options get limited. I know they would never want to let their lease expire and have nowhere to live. I'm hoping that's not what happened. I love their current apartment, but Jordan smartly wants something with more space. I do wonder how all their stuff fits into those closets. They just have so little storage space. And the kitchen counter space is literally nonexistent. So there's ways to improve without breaking the budget. If they'll allow me to, I'll post up some pictures of their new apartment once they've chosen one.


Apartment hunting with the one you love has to be interesting unless you have completely identical tastes. Luckily, Bad and Jordan are both laid-back and only have a few non-negotiables each. that has to make life simpler.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails