Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Tip Top Tuesday: Eat. Pray. Love.

***My girl Top is unique and one-of-a-kind. This makes the story of her love life especially interesting. Just when you think you've got her figured, she makes an unexpected move. She's my career-minded friend who's always focused on self-improvement. She's also super-independent yet a closet nurturer. Read and learn how to be fabulous.***


Quick Recap [The last post I wrote about Top was two weeks ago, I wrote a post in which I tried to look at influences in Top's life that might lead her to hold even more strongly to her anti-relationship feelings. She is single and damn happy to be. It was interesting for me to write, though I have no idea how accurate it was in terms of influence on Top.] Read Tip Top Tuesday posts.


This week, I'm not talking about romance, at least not directly. Top is thinking about career and self. With the economy, her job, like everyone else, has been making cuts. She survived the cut and is excelling at work. She's damn good at her job, but Top has never been complacent.


She's looking ahead to what is next. The job she holds now is not one she will hold forever, she's far too ambitious for that. But what will she do next? The title to this post gives a hint. She's not necessarily following the book or movie, but being able to travel and really embrace other cultures, worrying only about herself is exactly what she'd like to do.


I doubt she'll spend three months just praying or whatever happened in the story (can you tell I didn't read the book nor watch the movie?), but she'll be taking tons of pictures and really focusing on enjoying life. Tasting everything a different country might have to offer.


I don't even know about the love part either. I doubt she'll be looking to fall in love in the third place, she's just open to possibilities, and a man coming along would probably interrupt that if anything.


Top doesn't have a specific time in mind for when she will be doing this, but it will be upcoming. I can't wait to hear all about it. I bet it will be just as exciting as what I get when I hear about what she does at work. And I know that while she's doing this, she won't be losing sight of her ultimate career goals. A break for a season will be her fulfilling a life dream, and being fearless sounds like the perfect thing for her to do. And frankly, being single just makes this dream that much easier to fulfill.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails