Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Lion's Life Wednesday: Evaluating A Couple

***Lion is my best friend from college. He's a very focused young man working on getting his MD. This focus makes having a love life a very difficult undertaking. But he's making it happen somehow.***


Quick Recap [My last post about Lion was two weeks ago. I talked about how he wasn't really considering the future, at least not where his girlfriend Rudy was concerned.] Read Lion's Life Wednesday posts


This week, I'm thinking about the trip to Florida that Lion and I are taking. We leave Friday morning and get back Monday evening. This is a nice trip to see all our people from college who still live there or will be in town for the same weekend.


Lion's girlfriend Rudy is one of the people that still live there. She's in grad school right now and so Lion gets to spend time with her whenever he goes back to visit.


I've mentioned in recent posts how excited I am to get to observe them as a couple. The weekend is about more than that, but it's definitely on my list of priorities. I talked to Lion about feeling less invested in them as a couple and saying that I wanted to explore that while down in Florida. He told me not to get my hopes up, but I have anyway.


If they're declaring their love to one another and still together after all this time, there's hope for the future. They're not breaking up any time soon, I know that much. It won't be time for Lion to apply for residencies for at least another four months, and so I intend to enjoy their love until it becomes impossible for them not to discuss their future.


This weekend, I'll be looking for a few things, if they seem happier to be around each other, whether they have their own little world outside of everyone else, and if their physical comfort around each other has increased. I expect they'll have these three things that weren't there before. That was two years ago and this is now. I'm really excited and I hope his relationship looks as great from the outside as I've built up in my head.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails