Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Camille's Wishful Wednesday: Two Guys Tangentially Screwing With Her Singlehood

***Camille is a friend of mine I know from church. She is classified on another blog I read as a "hopeless romantic", and I think that describes her pretty well. I also think she's incredibly well-balanced and able to work on multiple parts of herself at once. She is a law student, a Sunday school teacher, and an all-around good person. She has some pretty concrete ideas about men and the type of man she'd like to end up with. But she's doing the in-my-20s-dating-follies thing as well.***


Quick Recap [Two weeks ago, I wrote a post about Camille and how men seem to come out of the woodwork when you make a declaration of singlehood. But Camille has held on to her focus and therefore held on to being single instead of falling back into the pattern of exploring options that may not even be options.] Read Wishful Wednesday posts.


So I told about how Camille met this guy who is one of my boyfriend Easy's friend. It was a quick meeting. And they both acknowledged they found the other attractive, but I guess there was no spark. Easy seems to think more of Camille than his friend does. And Gloria and I seem to think more of the friend than Camille did. That was okay, not a love connection. Easy has a ton more friends that could be potential suitors, ha ha.


But talking to Camille about her love potential, two names keep popping up. Bachelor #1 and King.


I haven't mentioned King almost since I first began writing about Camille. It's worth going back and reading about him, "the like of her life". He has resurfaced, not because he realized his undying love for her, but as a source of comfort for difficulties she's encountering right now with law school. He's a great sounding board for her and his friendship is important to her. But I wish there was more of a romantic strain to their interactions.


I feel this because she says things like, "I wish we could just get married. Skip all that dating stuff." Plus me, no one understands more than me the desire to be done searching for Mr. Right. But doing away with the foundation of a relationship is just silly. Camille knows that, but she still would like to skip ahead to the part where they're just sharing a life. That is a nice fantasy, but right now their interaction seems more filial than romantic, which sucks.


And then there's Bachelor #1. He and Camille keep over-lapping. They're taking this trip together with their classmates and they're working together on this student organization. He just shows up everywhere! Side note, Camille didn't take him the bread pudding dessert. She kept forgetting to give it to him. I think that just because the dessert wasn't delivered, it still counts as a girl giving the guy she likes cookies. But back to now. This guy seems to be trying to get closer to Camille, but he's never made any sort of official intent known.


In the grand scheme of things, it's good because there's no real threat to her single-hood. But it's also frustrating because these guys floating around haven't made their intentions clear. Oh, and there's this other thing about Bachelor #1 aka Kind-of-cool guy, he has questionable sexuality. One of Camille's friends told her that he didn't think Bachelor #1 was gay at all, but wouldn't be surprised if it turned out he was.


Camille is not interested in dating a sexually ambiguous guy, in fact she never questioned his sexuality and was surprised to hear other people question it. Bachelor #1 is from New York, so he has a very different sense of style than the average Chicagoan. I'm sorry, green pants doesn't make you gay when you come from New York, neither does a hoop earring in your ear. But it's slightly troublesome, especially when things he says to Camille could be interpreted as really interested and trying to get into her pants, or very gay and therefore not considering the sexual implications. You want an example? Okay, sharing a bed on the travel trip they're taking soon.


I'm pretty convinced that King doesn't look at Camille as if he were her brother and Bachelor #1 aka Kind-of-cool guy isn't even a little bit gay. But it sucks that their interactions could be interpreted that way. I'd much prefer a clear-cut "I like you and want to get into your pants and I have designs on your dinner plans for the forseeable future". Something like that would be nice, no?

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails