Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Camille's Wishful Wednesday: Still Waiting For Prince Charming, But In The Meanwhile...

***Camille is a friend of mine I know from church. She is classified on another blog I read as a "hopeless romantic", and I think that describes her pretty well. I also think she's incredibly well-balanced and able to work on multiple parts of herself at once. She is a law student, a Sunday school teacher, and an all-around good person. She has some pretty concrete ideas about men and the type of man she'd like to end up with. But she's doing the in-my-20s-dating-follies thing as well.***

Quick Recap [The last post I wrote about Camille was back in June after her trip to Barcelona. In that post, I talked about how she fell "out of like" with a guy because of his behavior on the trip. Other than that, her trip was a lot of fun] Read Wishful Wednesday posts.

Since that time, she and the guy have remained friends. He even went with her to the birthday party of one of her friends. The friend asked him why he wasn't dating Camille and he responded that he wasn't her type. He's never asked her out by the way. I confirmed with Camille that she wasn't interested in dating this guy. They're just friends, even if he does maintain a slight interest in her.

On another note, since the school year has started, Camille is all ready to be in charge of the student group she's president of. I'm expecting great things from her and I'm still so proud she won that position. She's already instilling new things like networking with other grad school groups and having evaluations for board members. She's on her way to being a very powerful and important. They all start small, you know?

I want to bring up a name I haven't mentioned in a while, King. He and Camille have this ongoing flirtation that doesn't seem to ever be in danger of turning into a relationship. Their new things is discussing what life will be like when they get married.

I feel some kind of way about this because I'd rather hear about his ability to make a relationship function from day to day, but whatever. They have made some crazy assertions in this fantasy. The craziest of which is that they'll have five kids. I can't imagine that seeing as how she'll be a high-powered attorney and he'll be a politician. But we all can dream right?

As of now, there are no serious prospects on the horizon, which sucks. But at least there's temporary amusement.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails