Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Camille's Wishful Wednesday: Super Single, For Now

***Camille is a friend of mine I know from church. She is classified on another blog I read as a "hopeless romantic", and I think that describes her pretty well. I also think she's incredibly well-balanced and able to work on multiple parts of herself at once. She is a law student, a Sunday school teacher, and an all-around good person. She has some pretty concrete ideas about men and the type of man she'd like to end up with. But she's doing the in-my-20s-dating-follies thing as well.***


Last week, I talked about Camille's love life. I applauded how she was embracing her single-ness, for the most part. I did also mention this guy who I think could be great for her, but I left it alone because this is a long con (lol, just amusing myself by using lingo from Leverage and White Collar). But I also linked to some posts from The Frisky. I think that website has a lot to offer in terms of cute stories and advice, no matter what your relationship status.


So for this week, I'm going to talk about some possibilities for romance in the future, outside of that guy I met. Because Camille is in law school, she doesn't get the chance to meet a lot of men. That may explain why she attracts so many busters.


In spite of this fact, she's done what most would do in the same situation. She's been taking a look around her law school to explore the prospects. Other prospects refers to the guys at her school. Like most grad programs, almost all the guys there are in serious relationships or engaged or married. This one guy she mentioned now has a girlfriend. But don't worry, there are others.


She didn't notice these guys at first because she was more focused on school work. But the guys have been brought to her attention by friends or her noticing their extra attention towards her. These guys may never be mentioned again after this post, but here they are.


Bachelor #1: Kind-Of-Cool Guy
Camille noticed him because he's always hugging her. Like, every time they see each other. I don't know how many (future) lawyers you know, but hugging is not regularly on the menu. Camille isn't even sure the constant hugs means he likes her. I think it does simply because Camille doesn't inspire strangers to feel super close to her. I guess he's not still a stranger. But still.

This guy had a girlfriend last semester, but that's over now. He dismissed the relationship, in exactly the way I guy would who's interested in moving on. Plus, they could both end up working together a lot as President and Vice President of one of the clubs for law students. So there will be plenty of time spent together. Bachelor #1 seems promising. There is a chance he could graduate from being described as "kind of cool."


Bachelor #2: Really-Nice-Guy
This guy is describes as "really nice, but I don't really like him." I think she meant romantically, not as a person period. I'm guessing they spend a considerable amount of time together and give off a vibe. Several of Camille's classmates have asked her what's going on between the two of them. Based on my friendships with Lion and Bad have shown me that people always have that reaction whenever a man and woman spend time together and get along well.

But this guy seems to like Camille, though she's still undecided. He apparently was engaged. She just found out today that he and his fiancee had broken up. So maybe, she feels like she's not that into him because she never considered it before because he wasn't on the market. If I mention him again, we'll see if her feelings change once the idea of him becomes a real possibility.


Sorry that I don't have a Bachelor #3. Get over it, she only mentioned two guys. Well she mentioned a third, and she actually said the words "I like him," but he has a girlfriend, so he shouldn't be on the list. This isn't AshleyMadison. This is The Medley. Where I share waaay too much about my friend's private romantic lives and spout waaaay to much hope for their possible happy endings. Scratch that, happily ever afters. Happy endings sounds dirty.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails