Friday, December 10, 2010

Michelle's T.G.I.Fridays: Goodbye Darren, Hello Terrence

***Michelle is a girl that grew up next door to me and we attended the same church. Now she's in her early 20s and living the single life. She goes on these dates that are either lovely or horrific. She's slightly terrified at the thought of committing to someone any time soon. And of course, she has the occasional man who really catches her eye and her heart.***

Quick Recap [It's been a couple of weeks since I've written about Michelle. It's been a couple of weeks since I've really written about anyone. But that last post was a hopeful one about a new guy, Darren. He'd actually been around for a while, but that was the first time I had mentioned him. He was this person shoe had a great chemistry with and she was finally starting to explore that, even though they had an interesting history] Read T.G.I.Fridays posts.

Well, since that time, Darren has proven himself unworthy. It happens with every guy until it doesn't, so I guess I'm not surprised.

What happened with them is actually very similar to what happened with Easy and me.

After dancing around and toward each other, he managed to break down some of her barriers to the idea of them.

He was, after all, involved with her cousin (although only for a couple weeks) before setting his sights on her.

But they hung out like they were supposed to that Friday night. Things went well. Michelle found herself leaning towards getting over her issues about his history with her cousin, Thing 1.

Sidenote: I've finally searched through my blog posts and figured out which twin cousin I had labeled Thing 1 and which one was Thing 2 aka Chocolate Thunda (please get the Cat in the Hat reference, please).

What happens next was quite a surprise. Michelle ended up not hearing from Darren for a couple of days.

She didn't think too much of it because she's in the full swing of working on projects for finals right now.

She happened to be on Facebook and saw that his status update indicated he was now in a relationship.

Darren texted Michelle a few days after that to tell her he missed her and ask how she felt about their time together the previous Friday evening.

She took that opportunity to ask him about his new status. He immediately apologized.

His response was something like,
"I wanted to tell you, but I didn't want you to be upset. You always have your guard up and seemed so unsure about us. I was talking to this other girl too. She seemed to really want to be with me. So I took a chance on her."

After hearing that, Michelle was floored. She was definitely having a what.the.fuck. moment.

What do you even say to that? Good luck on your relationship? Nah, that wouldn't be an honest response.

She let Darren know that he sucked for jumping into a relationship without telling her. And also for being in a relationship and continuing to behave as if he were pursuing her.

I think it's a pretty universal rule that once you have a girlfriend, you shouldn't be sending other girls texts about how you miss them and want to kiss them again etc.

I liked Darren from what she had told me about him because he seemed sweetly persistent.

Michelle does have a short wall up, but he seemed ready and willing to work to get it down.

But then the first girl who comes along who suggests a relationship can get him? He's an idiot as far as I'm concerned.

Who even jumps into a relationship anyway these days?

You don't just say, "I like you, be my boyfriend." That's high school behavior.

Adults date. They work toward a relationship. They see if mixing their two lives is something that can work.

And before he was in this "relationship", he was talking to and texting Michelle almost everyday.

There aren't enough hours in the day to do that with multiple people, so I just really doubt the validity of this new girlfriend.

I don't expect they'll last long because they have no foundation. And when they are done, he'll probably be back to Michelle, trying to explain how he made a mistake.

I hope she tells him to go suck an egg. Well that's not fair. It will depend on how she feels about him at that time. But still, that would be funny if she did.

Moving on to the next. There is this guy who I will call Terrence. He is Michelle's ex. He is due home next week I believe.

Where has he been? In the Armed Forces. She is very much looking forward to his return home. I"m sure that will make for some interesting stories because they have a very intense relationship.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails