Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Camille's Wishful Wednesday: One Wrong Guy After Another

***Camille is a friend of mine I know from church. She is classified on another blog I read as a "hopeless romantic", and I think that describes her pretty well. I also think she's incredibly well-balanced and able to work on multiple parts of herself at once. She is a law student, a Sunday school teacher, and an all-around good person. She has some pretty concrete ideas about men and the type of man she'd like to end up with. But she's doing the in-my-20s-dating-follies thing as well.***

I don't know if people read my quick intros about each person each day. Since they don't change much, I figure people don't.

I'd like to draw your attention to Camille's intro above. I say she has in-my-20s-dating-follies. Today's post is partly dedicated to just that.

You may remember my story about the time Camille gave her number to the butcher she met while running an errand for Malik. If not, read it here.

She had to get rid of that guy. And now she has another guy to get rid of. This guy approached her because he saw her bag with the name of her law school on it.

He asked questions about the school and expressed a desire to go there. She ended up giving him her card in case he had more questions.

And of course he began calling and texting because he "wants to be her friend." Camille attracts some weird guys, and this one is no different.

After I stopped laughing, I was able to get the whole story. He has a problem with texting her at inappropriately late times. Like 11:46 pm on a weeknight.

She told him she was available to answer more questions about law school but that she wasn't looking for any new friends.

Camille attracts... persistent... men. So of course, he didn't take the hint. To him that must have meant, "try harder stupid."

Since that time she's gotten rid of him. And now there's no one.

Except that cute law student she has the crush on. The one who can't remember her name.

During her winter break from school, I want Camille to meet some men who are not lame or just not that into her or forgetful or creepy. A nice guy who is genuinely interested in who she is as a person. Where is Hitch when you need him?

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails