Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Tip Top Tuesday: Poetry And Work, Oh And Men Too

***My girl Top is unique and one-of-a-kind. This makes the story of her love life especially interesting. Just when you think you've got her figured, she makes an unexpected move. She's my career-minded friend who's always focused on self-improvement. She's also super-independent yet a closet nurturer. Read and learn how to be fabulous.***

Quick Recap [The last post I wrote about Top talked about how the reason Dan has become an important part of her world is because he wasn't easily dismissible because of circumstances. I also introduced a new guy I called No Name Date Guy. He seemed to be providing a bit of spontaneous fun for Top.] Read Tip Top Tuesday posts.

Dan still holds his place of importance. He and Top are still good friends. From the outside looking in, it seems as if he's been very instrumental in getting her to feel safe about opening her heart again.

She's writing poetry again. Other than the other poetry she wrote last month, it had been years since I heard her say she wrote a poem.

She was feeling inspired and Dan had a lot to do with that. But this poetry writing has shown me that there's still this wall up.

Top has no intention of ever letting Dan see the poems. I think this is a wise decision because it might be the catalyst to push things farther than they need to go.

But that means there is still this limit of how close they can get.

I don't have anything new to report about No Name Date Guy. Maybe he's gone, maybe he's not. He really was just a blip on the radar.

I'm thinking he was only mentioned because the story connected to picking out clothes. I do love clothes.

But on to other interesting things. I've said that Top is a girl who focuses on her career a lot. And she has really made some strides.

Her job has evolved to where she's now in charge of coordinating events for the next calendar year. I try not to talk too much about work here, but it's just really exciting.

She's reached out to some pretty big name music artists to help promote events. Her job is non-profit, so they do a lot of fundraising.

Being able to raise that money makes such a difference in the lives of the community they serve. I wish they knew who was solely responsible for the boost they will get in revenue next year.

I'm feeling really hopeful that things will work out and a couple of the people she's reached out to will be able to accommodate her request.

A tip for people who are single and like it that way: be like Top and have other things going on in your life. Other important things that really matter in the world around you. That way your life can still be complete.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails