Saturday, May 21, 2011

Lion's Life Saturday: Changes and Decisions Coming Up Soon

***Lion is my best friend from college. He's a very focused young man working on getting his MD. This focus makes having a love life a very difficult undertaking. But he's making it happen somehow.***

Quick Recap [My last post about Lion was back at the beginning of April. I apologize for my computer issues, but yeah, it is what it is. I spoke of looking forward to the trip he and I were taking down to Florida to visit out alma mater. That weekend was amazing, and I really got to see him and Rudy together and as a couple.] Read Lion's Life Wednesday posts

So, if you notice, this post wasn't on a Wednesday. Also, the title has changed. I discontinued (for now, I think) Noni's Stargazing Saturday and I'm moving Lion to Saturday. She has a lot going on right now, and it's very difficult to keep in constant enough contact with her to be able to write frequent posts. I think the change will work for now. But for continuity's sake, I will keep the tag for Lion as "Lion's Life Wednesday".

So, Lion's life has been interesting as of late. I don't have much to say about them as a couple because I like them together and they seem happy together. Lion even stayed an extra day when we had airport/airplane issues to spend more time with her, which was great.

But they are up for some big changes in the near future. Rudy has decided she is moving back to Boston, where she is from. She is transferring graduate programs and she quit her job. This is a pretty abrupt decision, but she's happy with it. I definitely understand the abrupt decision.

This affects Lion though because he was planning on doing an away rotation down in Florida to spend a month with her. That is changing now because he doesn't want to do a rotation in Boston where she'll be staying with her parents.

He also has big changes coming up. It's almost time for him to start applying to residency programs. He has plans for going into Internal Medicine, but he doesn't know which programs he's applying to yet. He says Rudy has no effect on the application or location choice. That's crazy to me for a couple that's been involved as long as they have.

But it's not set in stone yet what will become of their immediate future. Rudy hasn't left Florida yet and Lion hasn't chosen his residency programs to apply to. I'll be following these developments to see what happens and how it affects them as a couple.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails