Saturday, May 28, 2011

Lion's Life Saturday: Reaching Back The Hand of Friendship

***Lion is my best friend from college. He's a very focused young man working on getting his MD. This focus makes having a love life a very difficult undertaking. But he's making it happen somehow.***

Last week, I talked about how both Lion and Rudy have big changes coming up in their life. I don't really have any specific updates about that, so I'll leave it alone for now.

But I've been talking a lot on Lion's day, and Sonny's day and Bad's day, how it is important to me to have working relationships with the women who are with my close guy friends. Those three men are some of my closest friends, and doing everything I can to ensure our friendship will be around for years to come is high priority.

This high priority feels very one-sided sometimes, so it's really nice when it feels like the thoughts and intentions and actions are reciprocated.

When Lion and I were down in Florida in April, Rudy was very nice to me. We've always been friendly (except when we first met, but that's a long story about an ex and a lap dance), but she went above and beyond last month. She was playing the perfect hostess even though I wasn't staying at her house. I really appreciated it and it made me that much more invested in her relationship with Lion.

Recently, she added another brick to the foundation of what I hope is a future genuine friendship. There have been a lot of storms around the Midwest. Not a whole lot right in the Chicago area, but the weather has been pretty crappy all around (seriously, 40-something at the end of May?).

Rudy sent me a text making sure I was doing okay and checking to make sure no one I knew was injured or harmed. It was such a sweet thing for her to do to reach out to me like that. Knowing that she's such a caring woman with a good head on her shoulders really has me wishing even harder that something shifts to allow for more of a possibility of a long-term relationship between her and Lion.

Okay, I'm done with my Rudy love fest. Hopefully next week, I'll have more to share about her move back home or his decisions on residency programs.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails