Sunday, May 22, 2011

Sonny's Sunday: Planning On A Life Together

***Sonny is an old friend of mine. We went to elementary, middle, and high school together. He's also my friend who's doing the super-adult thing. He and his new fiancee Cher just bought a house. They're working on planning a life together. Even with all that stability, their love life is still interesting.***

Quick Recap [The last post I wrote about Sonny was near the end of March. I think I've mentioned, ahem, several times now that my computer was having issues. So I apologize for the lack of updates. That post discussed my concern that they never spend time apart unless they are at work. That's pretty much the gist of it.] Read Sonny's Sunday posts.

All I have to say about that subject is that I've discussed it with Sonny and he has noticed it and is trying to figure out a way to address it that won't bring up every insecurity Cher could possibly have. As one of his best friends, I've encouraged him to give it time and to do my best to make her feel welcome and a real part of his whole life.

I think my boyfriend Easy will be helpful with this plan. Once he moves to Chicago, he's just so gregarious and friendly that he'll draw her in and before we know it, she'll be happy including all his people in their activities and then after that, she'll feel comfortable if they have experiences that don't always include each other. For the record, I do realize I'm being wildly optimistic.

Moving on to something more exciting: their wedding! They moved the date of the wedding up. Sonny did some research on the prices for weddings on cruise ships. Having the wedding in April versus June is like half the cost.

So now they intend to have a wedding in April on a cruise ship. I still don't know the destination of the cruise ship. But I have learned the wedding itself will take place in Miami. Apparently, the wedding ceremony has to be at a port, and they want people not coming on the cruise to be able to attend the ceremony. So really, they're bringing 50 people along on their honeymoon. Sonny says it's a 4 day reception, not a group-activity honeymoon, ha ha.

Easy and I plan on attending and I'm really looking forward to how great this wedding is going to be. So far, their planning seems pretty stress free because so many of the details are taken care of. I look forward to posting more updates as they are developed. Next week, I'll talk about what I know about their wedding party.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails