Sunday, May 29, 2011

Sonny's Sunday: Settling Into The Mid-20s

***Sonny is an old friend of mine. We went to elementary, middle, and high school together. He's also my friend who's doing the super-adult thing. He and his new fiancee Cher just bought a house. They're working on planning a life together, as well as a wedding next April. Even with all that stability, their love life is still interesting.*** Read Sonny's Sunday posts.

Last week, I talked about Sonny and Cher moving their wedding to April. I have a few more details about the wedding. They've set a date! April 26th. That's in the middle of the week, so I doubt they'll have many wedding day twins, except of course anniversary-celebrators. And they've settled on the Carnival Cruise Lines. That wasn't their first choice, but it is preferrable for the price. More details as they arise.

Right now, they're settling into life with both of them working full time jobs, This is the first time this has happened since they moved in together. Now that I think about it, I'm wondering how they are adjusting to all the time they are spending apart now. I will ask that the next time I speak to Sonny.

I'm also working on seeing if Sonny and Cher will go on a double date with Easy and I. I like spending time with Sonny and Cher and I'm hoping Easy will too.

Spending time with them without feeling a bit like a third wheel will be nice. Plus, they've never met Easy. In a weird way, I think spending time with us will help them feel more normal. I don't know that normal is what they want to feel, but most couples I know in their mid-20s (not that the people I know are good examples of normal) are friends with other couples and they enjoy spending time with those couples because there's no pressure to curb the couple-type behavior you engage in alone.

As far as I know, the only couples Sonny and Cher spend time with are Cher's sisters and their men. They seem to have a lot of fun together, but they aren't the same age. Her sisters are older and it's more of a family dynamic.

It's really interesting to watch these two build a life together. I'm pretty sure this is both of their first attempt at a real adult relationship, at least one that's relatively healthy and happy. So perhaps all these components I think they need will come with time and without my interference.

Well, maybe we'll invite them for just one dinner party after move in together to see how it goes.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails