Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Camille's Wishful Wednesday

I wrote a post yesterday about some changes to this blog. This is the first implementation of that. Sorry, Lion, but your love life doesn't have enough for me to write about anymore. So, I'd like to introduce Camille. She is a friend of Michelle's and mine. We all hung out as friends at church as teenagers. She is a college graduate and now a first year law student in Chicago! I'm excited about that Chicago part because it means we'll be in the same city and that should make it easier for us to stay the good friends we've become. Cause grad professional school is no joke.

***Camille is a friend of mine I know from church. She is classified on another blog I read as a "hopeless romantic", and I think that describes her pretty well. I also think she's incredibly well-balanced. She's able to work on multiple parts of herself at once. She is a law student, an actively dating single woman, a Sunday school teacher, and an all-around good person. She has some pretty concrete ideas about men and the type of man she'd like to end up with. But she's doing the in-my-20s-dating-follies thing as well. I find her love life pretty entertaining, so she was the perfect person to add to the medley. Enjoy.***

In most of my intros about my friends in The Medley (that's my nickname for this blog), I talk a bit about their lives and a lot about their current romantic situation. I think I covered enough non-love life stuff about Camille in the first two paragraphs, so we're just going to jump right into her love life. There are two guys you need to know about. The first we'll call King. The second we'll call Malik.

King is the guy who Camille describes as "the like of my life." She likes him, a lot. I think he's the guy she'd pick right now if she had to settle down first thing tomorrow morning. She talks about him and there is this combination of frustration, happiness, and hope. It all feels very familiar since I'm constantly at the point with men (I wonder if that means we both have bad taste in good men...). But King is this man she likes because she likes the way she feels with him. He's got this busy life and is out of town a lot, especially during the summer. The time they do spend together always produces a good story. Like the time they slow danced to that Luther Vandross song. But, King unfortunately exhibits some he's-just-not-that-into-you behavior every now and then. Does he like her? Of course. Does he like her enough? We don't know. The moral of the story? Men are stupid from age 15 to at least age 33. I will let you know if my (or my friends') personal experiences require that I raise that age.

On to Malik. Malik was introduced to Camille by a mutual friend from work. They talked for a while and decided they like each other. I should stop here to explain one of Camille's tendencies. She's that girl who meets a guy and then immediately starts thinking out the next few years months weeks days with him before there's even been the foundation for such fanciful thoughts (I know I know, I do the same thing. Don't judge us.). Back to Malik. After they met, he started texting and calling her. He called her that night. He planned their first date, he invited her to be his date at his fraternity's 100th year anniversary gala. He basically etched out the next three weeks for them. And Camille's response was amusing. She found it weird that someone else was doing what she usually does. I told her to go with it and let someone else plan out the future and see where it goes. She's liking him so far in spite of all their early hurdles (her aversion to men who aren't tall enough, their difference in religion, his zany family). Next week, I'll talk about their first date and the gala date.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails