Friday, August 13, 2010

Michelle's T.G.I.Fridays

Today's blog post isn't titled Focus on Me Friday anymore. Why is that you ask? It's because I don't want to talk about my love life on this blog anymore. I have more to say (sometimes) than what can be covered on one day per week. Also, it's because my girl Michelle has a pretty interesting love life as well. So now any discussion of my love life will pop up on my main blog, A Researcher of Life.


***Michelle is a girl that grew up next door to me and we attended the same church. Now she's in her early 20s and living the single life. She goes on these dates that are either lovely or horrific. She's slightly terrified at the thought of committing to someone any time soon. And of course, she has the occasional man who really catches her eye and her heart.***

To bring you up to speed on Michelle, you need to know two guys. One I'll call Michael on my blogs, the other will be Date A. I'll start with Date A. His name is of no consequence and he may never be mentioned again. He's just a guy she had a date with Wednesday night. She went to elementary school with this guy and they reconnected on Facebook. He kept suggesting they go out and finally, she was like, eh, why not? He looked good enough on his Facebook picture, and he seemed pretty cool.

They get out, and it turns out Date A sucks! Not in a general sucky way, but in a totally-at-odds-with-her-preferences-for-men kind of way. First of, he's way too churchy. Not really a bad thing in general, but horrible for Michelle. I get that as well. I'm super involved in my church, but I'm no holy roller. This applies to Michelle too. This Date A guy definitely had holy roller potential. Also, his behavior and affectations were incredibly feminine, a little too feminine for Michelle's tastes. And they had nothing in common that she likes to have in common with a guy: music, conversation topics, sense of style, sense of humor. Oh, and he looked very little like his picture, as in, not nearly as good looking. It just didn't go well. In fact, Michael texted her while she was on the date to see what she was doing and it took all of her home training to not ditch him right at that moment. She will not be dating Date A again.

This would be a good time to move onto Michael. He is a guy who went to college with Michelle (she's in her last year of college by the way) for one year. During that year, they got very close. After talking for about four months, he suggested they be in a relationship. She said she wasn't ready. Two months after that, she suggested it and he said that wasn't what he wanted anymore. They've been having this back and forth since then. He's not at her school anymore, he's in Chicago. They've been spending time together while she was home for parts of the summer. When she talks about him, her face just lights up. I personally am not a fan of him (mostly not a fan of his hot/cold treatment of her), but I am a fan of that happy look he puts of her face. We'll see what will become of Michelle and Michael and also what letter of the alphabet we get up to on these crazy dates of hers.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails