Thursday, November 4, 2010

Big Bad Thursday: Smooth Sailing From Here To The Horizon

***Big Bad Thursday is all about Bad. He's one of my best friends and was a charming, if commitment-phobic bachelor. He finally realized a woman was worth giving up complete and total bachelor-hood. So now Bad and Jordan are in love and working towards building a life together. They live in a wonderful apartment in Chicago and they are quite a fabulous couple.***

Quick Recap [The last post I wrote about Bad was at the end of September. I was talking about how things were sailing along smoothly with him and Jordan. I also expressed excitement about our upcoming birthday party (we celebrated our birthdays in a joint party with Michelle) on my main blog. And I said how I was missing spending time with him cause he was busy nesting, working, and being a student.]. Read Big Bad Thursday posts.
It had been a while since I've seen Bad and Jordan, and even longer since I've been to their apartment. I was looking forward to Jordan helping make it look lived in. And it finally is looking like a real apartment. They have a table with four chairs. And they have a desk. And they have lamps. There are even a few decorative touches.

And they seem very settled into being with each other. It was a concern in the back of my head how they would transition from living in different states to living together. They've spent the majority of their relationship long-distance. But they have transitioned well it seems. They don't have any tension under the surface that I could tell. And they have this comfort like a couple who's been together for while.

And they are so much fun together and alone. I didn't have any concerns about that though. If they had turned into one of those couples that finish all each other's sentences and can't go to the bathroom without each other, I would have been horribly surprised.

So now of course I'm thinking about what's next for them. I'm probably the only one of the three of us who are though. They seem to be very comfortable with where they are now and just interested in continuing to settle into and build this life as shacking up, working grad students.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails