Sunday, November 7, 2010

Sonny's Sunday: Cruising Into A Birthday Celebration

***Sonny is an old friend of mine. We went to elementary, middle, and high school together. He's also my friend who's doing the super-adult thing. He and his new fiancee Cher just bought a house. They're working on planning a life together. Even with all that stability, their love life is still interesting.***

Quick Recap [It's been quite a while since I wrote about Sonny. My last post was in late September. In that post, I wrote about attending a game night he and Cher threw at their house. I talked about them settling into a home life and how I was pleased that they didn't seem to have the tension I noticed the last time I saw them before that. I did express concern that Cher was a bit controlling, but that if any guy could work with that situation it would be Sonny.] Read Sonny's Sunday posts.
 
Since that post, I haven't really had much to update simply because Sonny has been so busy. But from what I can gather, he and Cher are doing well.

They are going on a cruise next week. I was supposed to take them to the airport, but now they're just going to park at the airport. I really hope they don't change their minds at the last minute, cause that would suck since I've decided to go down to St. Louis next week to visit Easy.

But I will see them soon. Sonny's birthday is November 19th. His family is doing a dinner thing that day. And he and Cher and doing a little get together at their house the night after. I'm invited to both, which is awesome. I love his family, and I haven't spent time with his sisters in forever.

The only concern I have about that family dinner is how my interactions with them will compare with Cher's. I've been around for 22 years, she's only been around for like 2.5 years. They like me, and from what I hear, they don't like her. I haven't seen proof of this, I've only heard.

But it would be horrible if Sonny's sisters were super nice to me (like they usually are) and kind of rude to Cher (like I've heard they can be). This is not an issue I've had to deal with because Bad's family loves Jordan. And Lion's family loves Rudy.

Maybe it'll be a great night for all since it will be his birthday. But I guess we will see in two weeks.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails