Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Camille's Wishful Wednesday: Completely Single Is The Assumption

***Camille is a friend of mine I know from church. She is classified on another blog I read as a "hopeless romantic", and I think that describes her pretty well. I also think she's incredibly well-balanced and able to work on multiple parts of herself at once. She is a law student, a Sunday school teacher, and an all-around good person. She has some pretty concrete ideas about men and the type of man she'd like to end up with. But she's doing the in-my-20s-dating-follies thing as well.***

Last week, I talked about Camille's crush. That has been fun, but it's not the substance that makes a love life.

What does make a love life? Dealing with dates and triumphs and disappointments.

You do all that so that one day, you'll end up with the love of your life and live happily ever after. Or whatever.

Camille isn't at the point of happily ever after yet. She did call Malik back. She left a message simply stating she was calling him back.

That was over a week ago. She hasn't heard back from him yet. I'm not going to say yet. I doubt she will hear back from him.

He may call just to say what's up in a few weeks. But that doesn't count because it won't be a reconciliation attempt. It'll be guy stupid-ness and habit.

But it's okay because Camille did say she was over their situation. I wasn't sure her over-ness was going to stick, but it has.

I'm glad to hear that because Malik wasn't right for her. At least not while he was behaving the way he was. So. On to the next.

There is this other guy who I mentioned waaaay back when I first started writing about Camille on this blog. You can read the post here.

His blog name is King. Camille described him as the "like of her life". She ran into him last week. It kind of rekindled some thought possibilities for her.

She suggested they do lunch, but nothing has come of it yet. She has a super busy daytime schedule because of school though. So maybe I'll have something interesting to say about that in a few weeks.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails