Sunday, November 21, 2010

Sonny's Sunday: Happy Happy Happy Birthday To You!

***Sonny is an old friend of mine. We went to elementary, middle, and high school together. He's also my friend who's doing the super-adult thing. He and his new fiancee Cher just bought a house. They're working on planning a life together. Even with all that stability, their love life is still interesting.***

Quick Recap [The last post I wrote about Sonny was two weeks ago. I was excited for his upcoming birthday celebration. Sonny and Cher have celebrated my birthday with me a couple of times over the years, but I haven't done anything with them yet. I also said how I was a bit concerned about how the family portion of that celebration would go because I've heard that Sonny's family isn't really a fan of Cher's family.] Read Sonny's Sunday posts.

One worry was alleviated. I didn't go to Sonny's family dinner thing on Friday. I didn't want to miss bowling twice in two weeks.

And it ended up not mattering because it wasn't a whole family thing. It ended up being just Sonny and Cher having a nice dinner at Maggiano's.

Michelle went with me, so that was fun. After the get together, we headed up north to see a friend of hers play in his band. I'll tell that story on my other blog.

There was one moment when literally everyone in the room was chatting with someone. All except Cher. But there was an odd number of people and all the convos were two people.

But it was still a good get together. There was even less tension than last time. I think Sonny has a very good grasp on living with Cher and vice versa.

I really feel like they've acclimated to each other and gotten past the basic living-with-someone adjustment period.

They had a lot of fun on their cruise. They've got great pictures, good food stories, and a big bottle of Mexican tequila with a worm in the bottom.

We had a toast/took a shot with the tequila which led to a lot of laughs. It had a weird after taste though. Kind of like canned meat.

I for one am feeling more optimistic about their future though. I was really very happy to see that tension fade.

I do still want to see them apart from each other. Bad joined Michelle and me for drinks later that night without Jordan. It's not a crazy notion to go places without your SO, it really isn't.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails