Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Camille's Wishful Wednesday:Regression, Remorse, and Roller Coasters, Oh My!

***Camille is a friend of mine I know from church. She is classified on another blog I read as a "hopeless romantic", and I think that describes her pretty well. I also think she's incredibly well-balanced and able to work on multiple parts of herself at once. She is a law student, a Sunday school teacher, and an all-around good person. She has some pretty concrete ideas about men and the type of man she'd like to end up with. But she's doing the in-my-20s-dating-follies thing as well.***

Last week, I told a funny story about Camille accidentally picking up a butcher-man while running an errand for Malik. I'm pretty sure she has forbid him from reading my blog, so I'm thinking he still doesn't know about it. It's probably for the best. So butcher man is a person of the past.

So now it should be free and easy sailing with Malik right? Of course not. Because he can't manage to keep it together for more than a short amount of time. I'm not saying Malik is a horrible guy. I'm saying that perhaps he and Camille have very different ideas of how a courtship is supposed to go.

So here's what happened: last Saturday, Camille went to get herself some food, but it was enough for two people. Malik said he was hungry and had just gotten off work, so she offered to bring her food to him and share with him.

He kept talking about having to go to the gym and being off schedule. She figured since she drove all the way to him that he would wait a bit to spend more time with him. She basically was there only long enough to eat and watch him get ready for the gym. When she asked him outright to wait to go to the gym, he said no, citing the importance of keeping his schedule.

Camille was pissed. They're not at the point where she stays at his house when he isn't there, so she left when he left, even though he'd only be gone for an hour. He was trying to make conversation before he left, but she was pretty upset and didn't say much. She basically left while he wasn't expecting it. He was standing on the sidewalk watching her drive away (that sounds familiar...).

Camille sent Malik a BBM later to tell him she thought he was rude. He apologized, but they haven't spoken since. She hasn't even really had the desire to reach out to him to see what's up. That's a far cry from what was going on three weeks ago with her emotions regarding him.

Camille told me her usual pattern is to really like a guy when they first start talking and then for those feelings to fizzle out even before they end things. I can imagine if they all have see-saw behavior like Malik, that would be the case over and over again. Only two men have inspired her to still like them before things ever ended. Malik isn't one of them.

If Malik doesn't reach out to her, I don't know that she'll reach out to him. Maybe things between them will just fizzle out like her feelings seem to have. Which sucks because I like Malik when I met him, and I had hope for him. I'm just relieved that Camille will not be pining over this man who insists on engaging in I'm-just-not-that-into-you behavior.

Selfish ass! If he had to stick to his schedule, he should've got his own food instead of having Camille schlep all the way to him to share hers! I just got mad about that. Seriously, who the hell does that? Malik is officially a selfish ass in my book. A thoughtless, selfish ass. And Camille deserves better.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails