Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Tip Top Tuesday: Being Fearless Is The Goal

***My girl Top is unique and one-of-a-kind. This makes the story of her love life especially interesting. Just when you think you've got her figured, she makes an unexpected move. She's my career-minded friend who's always focused on self-improvement. She's also super-independent yet a closet nurturer. Read and learn how to be fabulous.***

Top is a person that I would describe as fearless. Her mother would also describe her that way. I think a lot of people would describe her that way, but everyone doesn't know her nearly as well as we do, so our opinion counts more.

The one thing she isn't completely fearless in is love. She used to be. I think it could be said that she wasn't fearless because she wasn't dying to marry the man she had been dating and in love with for five years. But those people would be wrong. Top has always been self-aware and she doesn't feel the same way most women traditionally feel about marriage. Being honest with herself about how she feels about marriage takes bravery I think. It's too easy to succumb to what others think is best for you.

Since she and this man broke up, things have been different. She's been having very few emotions when it comes to men. It was as if she had changed from who she used to be and she knew she wasn't ever going to be that person again. But Top is no victim. My vision of her is not that she's broken somehow and needs to be put back together. I agree with her mother's assessment. She'll be an even better version of herself once she's completely fearless.

She's been through a lot and she's bouncing back soon to be better than ever. I'm looking forward to the fearless-in-love Top that will match the fearless-in-everything-else Top. And I don't think she's that far away.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails