Friday, October 29, 2010

Michelle's T.G.I.Fridays: Partying Alone? Not If She Can Help It

***Michelle is a girl that grew up next door to me and we attended the same church. Now she's in her early 20s and living the single life. She goes on these dates that are either lovely or horrific. She's slightly terrified at the thought of committing to someone any time soon. And of course, she has the occasional man who really catches her eye and her heart.***


I ended my last post about Michelle on a hopeful note. I was hopeful that soon, I would be able to write about something other than how much guys suck. That is not the case yet.

Michael sucks! He just does. I will be a much happier person when Michelle is done with him for ever and I never have to ask about him again. By not asking about him, I won't have to hear a disappointing answer. That will be a great time.

Michelle is coming to visit Chicago next weekend and we were discussing maybe going out to dinner and having a girls' night out. That sounds like fun, but we've got to find a party to go to as well.

I guess I'm not really looking for anyone for myself (I've pretty much decided it's much less stressful to only date one person at a time), but it will be fun to try and help Michelle find someone. So I have to figure out where we should go for drinks/dancing after dinner. Spontaneity is good, but to ensure a successful manhunt, there should be planning.

This weekend, Michelle's school is having this black student reunion. She's been looking forward to this for a while now. So maybe this weekend will yield an interesting story.

Michelle met this guy while out with a friend a few weeks ago. But she said he had horrible shoes, was kind of short, and acted a bit odd. I'm hoping she doesn't run into him again while she's out this weekend. What I'd like to see happen is for her to reconnect with some guy she had interest in who isn't on campus anymore. That would be more exciting, don't you think?

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails