Friday, October 15, 2010

Michelle's T.G.I.Fridays: There Was Play, Now There's Work (And Some Play Too)

***Michelle is a girl that grew up next door to me and we attended the same church. Now she's in her early 20s and living the single life. She goes on these dates that are either lovely or horrific. She's slightly terrified at the thought of committing to someone any time soon. And of course, she has the occasional man who really catches her eye and her heart.***

Michelle's bday was last Friday and I believe she had a fantastic time! She did have a bit too much to drink, and therefore had to be reminded of some of her night. But it was all fun.

It felt like the end of The Hangover on Sunday. We were at church, eating food after morning service and she pulls out her camera.

She says, we're only going to look at these once, and then we're going to delete the ones that shouldn't ever be seen by anyone. We prepared ourselves for craziness and wild times.

And when we started looking at photos, we realized there was nothing too risque. It was just normal party pics! There were a couple with people dancing, and lots of folks just taking pictures together looking drunk as hell. The few compromising moments I noticed weren't captured on camera. But it's okay, cause I remember them! They were some of the things I had to explain to Michelle about her night, haha.

In the week since her birthday, Michelle has been on study central. She had two midterms yesterday and has another one Monday. But she did go out last night to celebrate being mostly done. She sent me an IM talking about being old enough now to be a cougar. There was some sophomore kid there trying to push up on her. She eventually told him no, but that was more about the fact that he was 5'4" rather than he was 12 years old. Part of me wishes she would have taken his number, if only for the funny story that would come out of a date between the two of them.

By the way, Michael still sucks in my book. He reached out to Michelle a couple days ago as if he hadn't been MIA her entire birthday weekend. She told him his behavior wasn't okay and he did the typical guy thing by playing stupid and acting confused. She says she doesn't think she'll be talking to him for a while. I'd prefer that she doesn't talk to him ever again. But I can't expect behavior I couldn't manage to do myself.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails