Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Camille's Wishful Wednesday: The First Date And The Gala Date

***Camille is a friend of mine I know from church. She is classified on another blog I read as a "hopeless romantic", and I think that describes her pretty well. I also think she's incredibly well-balanced. She's able to work on multiple parts of herself at once. She is a law student, an actively dating single woman, a Sunday school teacher, and an all-around good person. She has some pretty concrete ideas about men and the type of man she'd like to end up with. But she's doing the in-my-20s-dating-follies thing as well. I find her love life pretty entertaining, so she was the perfect person to add to the medley. Enjoy.***

Quick Recap [Last time I posted about Camille I mentioned two guys you need to know about for Camille: King and Malik. King has I'm-just-not-that-into-you-itis, so you'll have to read the last post to get any info on him. Malik however, has provided lots of new action. I am supposed to be writing about her first date with Malik and her gala date with Malik. I'll get to that now]
Read Camille's posts.

Camille's first date with Malik was interesting because of all the activity before the date actually happened. She drove to his place and he drove from there. While they were there, he gives her a tour and she discovers she's not a fan of the way the apartment is set up, all the way down to the too-large television in the bedroom. She informs him of this fact, which I found hilarious.

They leave to go to the restaurant (one of my favorites in the world), but they make a stop first at his... family reunion! Yes, indeed. They stopped on their way to their first date to a family reunion. And the cherry on top is that when Malik introduced Camille to his dad and aunts (or something like that), he said, "oh is this the fiance?" Their first date! Did Camille go running as fast as her feet could carry her? Nah, she just accepted that perhaps his family was a little zany.

But there's more. At the family reunion, half the family is Camille's religion, half is Malik's religion. Those two halves were having a religious debate. At the family reunion. Holy books came out. I'm not kidding. Let's just move on to dinner. Compared to the first half of the story, dinner was non-eventful except to let Camille know she was a fan of Malik and was looking forward to the gala event the next weekend.

Michelle and I went shopping with her a couple of times throughout that next week so she could find the perfect dress. Easier said than done since the style of fancy dressed look suspiciously like the party dresses I wore as a six year old. Camille wanted a floor length gown (even though she has the most amazing legs) so floor length gown we found, finally, at the 28th store. There is nothing wrong with exaggerating.

On to the gala. Malik was late, very late. He was so late! Now that I'm done beating that dead horse, Michelle and I were at Camille's house to see her off, and we were there an extra hour! Okay, now I'm done. But after we met Malik, we were pleased. Michelle and I agreed that while he was shorter than he claimed, he was attractive, had style, looked good in a suit, and was probably the exact kind of guy we like to hang out with. We imagined he would be tons of fun if he was around long enough to actually spend time with our whole group of friends.

Malik wasn't on his best behavior for the night. He was a bit neglectful at the gala. He was hanging out with his friends and taking lots of pictures, leaving Camille to fend for herself most of the evening. Then he dropped her off at home to go hang out with his friends, and came back to her house later that night to sleep. Camille wasn't pleased at all with this behavior, but I'm guessing it was chalked up to miscellaneous guy stupid-ness. Since that time, he hasn't made any such major blunders as ditching his chick for his friends, so we still like him for now. Next post, I'll update on how they've managed to spend time together even though they both have busy schedules. That's right ladies and gentleman, when a man wants to spend time with you, he does.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails