Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Camille's Wishful Wednesday: Work Is Better Than Play This Week


***Camille is a friend of mine I know from church. She is classified on another blog I read as a "hopeless romantic", and I think that describes her pretty well. I also think she's incredibly well-balanced and able to work on multiple parts of herself at once. She is a law student, a Sunday school teacher, and an all-around good person. She has some pretty concrete ideas about men and the type of man she'd like to end up with. But she's doing the in-my-20s-dating-follies thing as well.***

No quick recap since I just wrote about her last week, but I do want to take a minute to diverge from talking about Camille's love life to talk about her career planning. In the intro, I mention she's a law student. But I don't know if I've ever mentioned that she just started law school last month. So it's quite an adjustment for her, in a number of ways.

One thing she's had to get used to is the different needs for studying. She's got a study group and a study partner. She's just now coming around to seeing the merit of the study group. She's still not into the idea of having study partner. The way she's described this guy, I wouldn't want to study with him either. He sounds horrible. He's Mexican and Camille is African-American. For some reason, he thinks that means they have to always discuss race. That is a constant annoyance to her.

That plus all his habits that drive her crazy. He has allergies and won't take a Claritin, he always taps his pen, he smacks his gum, and he cracks his knuckles. For someone who likes to study in silence, it's a real hassle. Add that to the fact that she never calls him to study, he always finds out where she is and then shows up. He's now Mexican Stalker Guy. I know that's incredibly politically incorrect, but I don't care. When the only topic of convo you bring up is Jesse Jackson, Jr., Kanye West, Nas and Kelis, and the black people on the wire, you deserve it.

Now, back to her love life. Malik is pissing me off. I was singing his praises about making time to see Camille no matter what. That was rather short-lived. He cancelled on her for a date last week. And she's starting to notice a disturbing trend. They only spend time together at his house. That could be because of cheap-ness or broke-ness. I'm not sure. Last week, Malik's excuse for not seeing her is that he was "messed up." Whatever that means. Camille didn't know if he meant financially or emotionally. WTF is all I have to say.

And Malik doesn't make good decisions. He is subleasing his apartment. He made this decision before he had another place to live. Who does that? I want to give him the benefit of the doubt, but he is starting to annoy my girl Camille off and that doesn't work for me. They're supposed to go out one day between now and the end of the week. Hopefully he'll regain her good graces. They're still too new for him to be acting like this.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails