Saturday, September 4, 2010

Noni's Stargazing Saturday: Absence Makes The Heart Grow

***Noni is one of my really good friends from college. We were even roommates for a year and some change. But she's done with school (for now). She's starting a family with a baby boy and working on herself and her relationships at the same time. Things won't always be easy, but they're usually always interesting.***

Quick Recap [I had hope that I would be able to write about Noni quickly, but turns out I wasn't done being busy. Anyway, I last wrote about Noni and Eric preparing for their six weeks to be up. That time has since come and long gone. But they did follow my tips and were successful in making a regular sex life fit into their new baby schedule.]

A lot has happened since then. Truly, a lot. Things had taken a turn for the worse between Noni and Eric. He began working more hours and bought a new video game system. That means a lot of time taken away from Noni and his son. What is it with 20-something men and their video games? I'm just kidding, I love video games too. But I don't think Noni does, especially after being basically ignored for three weeks unless it was to serve dinner or provide sex.

I'm happy to say they worked through those issues, if only because a bigger one was arising. I talked Noni out of picking a fight with him. She said that was the only way to get through to him because that's how he was raised. I told her she could fight what his momma had him used to and go for positive attention instead of negative. I was really super happy when it turns out that it worked and they calmly discussed their issues, just in time for another one.

It's become more economically feasible for them to live in different places. Eric is trying to save up some money to get a better place for them, and Noni is going to live with some family for a while, in a different part of the state. It really really sucks for them to be apart, especially when there are some trust issues there. Again, what is it with 20-something men? But I'm hoping this will soon be resolved. The plan is for her to be gone for just two weeks. We shall see.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails