Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Camille's Wishful Wednesday: Enough About The Mystery Man, Completely Single Is Better

***Camille is a friend of mine I know from church. She is classified on another blog I read as a "hopeless romantic", and I think that describes her pretty well. I also think she's incredibly well-balanced and able to work on multiple parts of herself at once. She is a law student, a Sunday school teacher, and an all-around good person. She has some pretty concrete ideas about men and the type of man she'd like to end up with. But she's doing the in-my-20s-dating-follies thing as well.***


Quick Recap [The last post I wrote about Camille was back at the beginning of January. I was still looking forward to there being more do to about this mystery man Camille's classmate told her about. Well, since that time, I've heard nothing of this mystery man. So I'm shelving his existence until something more develops.] Read Wishful Wednesday posts.


There needs to be more to Camille's love life than the possibility of a man. Although, I did meet one of Easy's friends who I think might be pretty great for her. He's awesome and seems to have no bum-tendencies. Not that Camille dates bums, she just doesn't seem to attract the right element all on her own. I mean the butcher? Law school guy?


If I'm going to set Camille up, it's going to be a long setup. I haven't even mentioned this guy to her, though I did mention him to Gloria. I'd rather just get to know both of them and their interests in the opposite sex, see if they match up, and then have a dinner party and invite them both to see if there's interest. That's way better than a traditional setup, at least in my mind.


But since Camille is single, she's is embracing being single. Well sort of. There was that incident last weekend when we all found out this chick from our church is getting married. She's younger than all of us. Camille didn't respond well. But other than that, she's fine.


I think her Valentine's Day is a good example of her embracing being single. She spent most of the day in the library studying. And also she got her teeth cleaned. And also, she bought herself something from Tiffany's. So I think that worked a distraction plus getting something for herself instead of lamenting not getting something from a man.


But in an effort to stick with my new plan for when there's not much to repost for a friend, I am linking to another blog post that fits her situation. The Frisky is one of my favorite sites to stop by and check out and they always have something for the single girl.


Here are four interesting articles:
I've Taken Responsibility For My Singlehood, Now What?

Mind of Man: Why You're Not Married"
Do We All Need To Learn How To Date?
4 Tips For Women Who Want To Make The First Move"


If I had to pick one, I'd pick the second one. That's based on discussions I've had with her about marriage and her largely negative reaction to the news of an associate's engagement.

So if you're single and wondering why you aren't married, let Mind of Man on Frisky give you the answer.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails