Monday, June 20, 2011

Gloria's Romantic Monday: Things Fall Apart

***Gloria is a friend of mine I know from church. She is a single mother. She has a boyfriend, Gregory, who we all love and her son's father, Rufus, who we all hate. She is fun-loving and hilarious. Gloria is the type of friend who'd be there for you at a party, when things get tough, or even if you need help applying for school.***

Quick Recap [My last post about Gloria was back at the end of May. In it I talked about what I imagined for her in a perfect world. It wasn't based on reality, just what I wish her life were like. I like doing that from time to time. It's a good way to observe where your life is in relation to how you could imagine what it could be.] Read Romantic Monday posts.

Since that time, I've actually caught up with Gloria on the status of her relationship. She's feeling pretty stressed these days. Things aren't going well between her and Gregory. His job has him working so many days a week and during night at that.

She's feeling very unsatisfied and it has her questioning their relationship. I know that she loves him so much and can see spending the rest of her life with him. But this rough patch is particularly rough on her right now. She's trying to figure out the best way to handle this immense feeling of neglect. I hope she comes up with something that leaves her relationship intact because I lover her and Gregory together so much.

On another note, Gloria has a job interview today. It's too bad I won't be able to update how it went until next week, but that's the nature of how I've set this blog up. She seems pretty excited about it. It's not her dream job, but it would give her some financial stability along with the means to finally grind it out and finish her degree. Keep your fingers crossed that it goes well!

I may have mentioned that Gloria and her son's father Rufus have entered in a new custody agreement. In this agreement, she has all her weekends free now. Because her son is with his father every weekend, she suddenly has all this free time on her hands. I think it's been a mostly positive change because she gets to spend some more time with her friends and family, as well as with herself. If only Gregory had more time, she'd really be able to spend time with him.

On the whole though, things are looking up for Gloria. The potential for her summer is improving. A chance for alone time (though she misses her son when he's gone), a chance at income, a chance to begin finishing school are all great things. Now if only Gregory could get a new job.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails