Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Tip Top Tuesday: Another First Date

***My girl Top is unique and one-of-a-kind. This makes the story of her love life especially interesting. Just when you think you've got her figured, she makes an unexpected move. She's my career-minded friend who's always focused on self-improvement. She's also super-independent yet a closet nurturer. Read and learn how to be fabulous.***
Read Tip Top Tuesday posts.

My last post about Top was last week and I was discussing how she had friends who weren't adjusting well to having adult relationships. Or rather, the rest of their lives weren't adjusting well. It's an important topic for people in their 20s entering their first real adult relationships and you should read it if you haven't yet.

But on to this week, Top has gone on another date. I'm happy to report she met this man at a festival she went to recently. I discussed the type of man we decided would be good for Top in a previous post, but I didn't mention where she would meet a guy.

We were thinking some sort of neighborhood or film festival or maybe an art gallery or something. So I was pleased when she said she met this man at a festival.

They went out to dinner and she said he was nice. The guys she goes on dates with are always nice. She said she was very attracted to him as he was very good-looking. That's a good sign since the last guy she went on a date with wasn't at all her cup of tea.

She said the date was fun and she would consider going out with him. That's the exact sort of vague summary you'll always get from Top when there's a new guy. Non-committal, devoid of details.

I don't know if he's asked her out yet. I won't know until she's either gone out with him again or decided she's definitely not going too.

I'm just glad there is that possibility there. She isn't running for the hills and dodging phone calls from him. This is progress. She spoke of the lack of comfort she has with being open on a date. Trying to get to know someone while also letting them get to know you isn't easy for Top.

But she's trying. And I guess we'll see what happens with Festival Guy.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails