Friday, June 24, 2011

Michelle's T.G.I.Fridays: Changing Up The Life Plans In A Big Way

***Michelle is a girl that grew up next door to me and we attended the same church. Now she's in her early 20s and living the single life. She goes on these dates that are either lovely or horrific. She's slightly terrified at the thought of committing to someone any time soon. And of course, she has the occasional man who really catches her eye and her heart.***

Quick Recap [My last post about Michelle was the second week of June. In that post I gave an update about the older man, who was still un-named in the blog. Also, I announced that Terrence had gotten married and never bothered to tell Michelle, who he was claiming his undying love for six months ago, that he was going to do that.] Read T.G.I.Fridays posts.

I have no updates about Terrence except to say that we all still wish that he had done better when it comes to Michelle. Moving on.

Also, no updates about the older man. He and Michelle seem to be treating their situation like a summer romance even though her whole world has just changed. So we'll see what will come of that in the next couple of weeks.

So what's the big change in Michelle's life? She has changed her mind about grad school. To complete the requirements for her undergraduate degree, she had to do an internship this summer.

The people running the internship invited her to come for a job interview this coming Monday. Michelle likes the job offer on the table a lot. She likes it enough to reconsider her plan for the next year.

Her plan was to go back to Charleston and do their one year Master's Program for her degree. She would get to skip the GRE and only spend one more year down there. That's what changed the plans she and I had to move in together and be single and fabulous in our 20s in Chicago.

But with this job offer, she is ready to stay in Chicago. She would take the GRE in October, and apply for grad school here in the city. It will take longer, but she will have a great job and tuition reimbursement. And it's so much easier to be fabulous in Chicago than it is in Charleston.

She mentioned to me how things can't go the way they were supposed to because now I'm engaged. But I think she can still do her fabulous roommates thing with her twin cousins. I think she's really happy with her decision and I'm happy for her. I love that she'll be around in the city and more accessible than she was in Charleston.

Since this blog is supposed to be about her love life, I will say I wonder how this will affect things with the older man. He has been downplaying things because he kept talking about her leaving in August. Yet, he's extremely, um, affectionate. He's doing the things guys do when they're sprung, I'll say that.

So once it settles in that she isn't leaving any time soon, I wonder if that will change his view of their relationship. I'll let you know the Friday after I know.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails