Friday, June 3, 2011

Michelle's T.G.I.Fridays: More About The Older Man

***Michelle is a girl that grew up next door to me and we attended the same church. Now she's in her early 20s and living the single life. She goes on these dates that are either lovely or horrific. She's slightly terrified at the thought of committing to someone any time soon. And of course, she has the occasional man who really catches her eye and her heart.***
Read T.G.I.Fridays posts.

My last post about Michelle was just a short update on what I knew about her love life, which wasn't much.

She read that post and filled me in on more stuff about the older guy. She asked that I not name him yet until we know for sure his lasting power. I would just name him for the alphabet dates, but that would be rude, at least for now.

So instead he just gets called the older guy. I'm fine with that for now. Because everyone else who got a blog name turned out to be useless, so this guy could be wort the wait.

The reason I didn't know all the details of Michelle's love life is because she works a lot. She has an internship she's doing this summer that works a lot of hours. It's for class credit. I believe it's required for her undergraduate degree (even though she already graduated) or it could be for her Master's. But the point is, it's right in the line of career training and could present a job opportunity for as soon as she's done with school.

But back to the love life. This older guy works a lot so usually when they hang out, it's her going to his house. It wouldn't be always that way if she wasn't staying at home with her father this summer. But he looks out for her. He even gave her gas money, which was nice.

The older guy is still getting used to the idea that Michelle is so much younger than the other women he's dates. He's 33, not 35 like I previously said. But still, there's a 10 year difference there and the most he's ever done before is 4 years. He's slowly adjusting and realizing the benefits of being involved with a woman not quite yet in her mid-20s.

1. There's no wedding itch. 2. There's likely to not be an ex-husband. 3. She's likely to not have yet experienced enough to leave her with a man-hating chip on her shoulder.

Michelle isn't trying to rush him to the altar and he is loving that. Loving it, you hear me?

But Michelle is still waiting to see if he's going to step up his efforts or leave them in this situation where they're fitting each other in when they have a chance. Building something real takes more than just your super free time, it takes commitment and mutual desire to spend more time together.

If this guy makes that turn into something more, he'll get a blog name. I just hope he makes it an organic move and doesn't decide tomorrow he wants Michelle to be his girlfriend. I hate when her guys do that. How about building a foundation guys? Not just having a girlfriend for the sake of the title. I guess hope that's the benefit of an older man.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails