Friday, June 10, 2011

Michelle's T.G.I.Fridays: Terrence Is Still Terrible (aka That Jerk!)

***Michelle is a girl that grew up next door to me and we attended the same church. Now she's in her early 20s and living the single life. She goes on these dates that are either lovely or horrific. She's slightly terrified at the thought of committing to someone any time soon. And of course, she has the occasional man who really catches her eye and her heart.***
Read T.G.I.Fridays posts.

Last week, I gave an update about Michelle and her older man. I don't have any new news from her, so I imagine that means things are the same as before with no change for the better or worse.

But I do have some news. Terrence has resurfaced, and not in a good way. If you clicked that link to review the history of Terrance and Michelle, you would see that they've been through a lot.

The plot thickens. Michelle's sister called her to tell her she saw on Terrence's Facebook page that he had changed his relationship status. From having a girlfriend. To being married. That's right, the man announced on Facebook that he was married.

I was like WTF. Michelle was upset by the news of course. She and Terrence have such a long history and she had to find out 3rd person through Facebook. This makes me extra glad that when I was confused about how and if to tell I was engaged, I ultimately decided to reach out to former guys and let them know myself.

Terrence didn't do that and now I think he's even more of a jerk than before. But I have so many questions. Is he married to that crazy chick from December? Did he have a real wedding? When exactly did he get married? What went into the decision not to tell people he was doing it before he did it?

There's not much to be done except to be sad. But Michelle is a glass half-full type of girl and I love that about her. She took the news as a sign that she really needed to work on herself emotionally so that she didn't feel to connected to him.

If Michelle can get past her feelings for Terrence, she feels like she would be more emotionally available when she meets new potential guys. I like that she's thinking that way because she's looking forward to a time when she'll be emotionally ready for an adult relationship with a man who's worthy of her.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails