Thursday, May 20, 2010

Big Bad Thursday: Nesting, The Guy Version

***Big Bad Thursday is all about Bad. He's one of my best friends and was supposed to be a charming, if commitment-phobic bachelor. He finally realized that a wonderful woman he already had in his life was worth giving up bachelor-hood. So now Bad and Jordan are in love and working towards building a life together.***

Bad ordered a bed a couple of weeks ago. It came yesterday. Usually when things like this happen, he freaks out a bit. He has a, "am I really doing this?" moment, but then he gets better again. Usually, it takes talking to Jordan and seeing she's just as hesitant about things to calm him down.

But this time, it was just all excitement. He's not doing a full-blown nesting, but he's doing a macho guy version of it. He must feel he's allowed to be nothing except excited because the bed means he can stop sleeping on the air mattress, lol. It's such a lovely bed. Dark wood, it fits them.

I'm probably the most anxious of the three of them for them to just pick a move-in date. Hell, I'd drive down to St. Louis with him to help her move up here. Her coming here would make a big change in how much he and I hang out, it's a natural change to be expected. I'm hoping she and I can be good friends too so it won't much matter. Jordan and Bad on the other hand seem to both be cool. Now that they have a definite apartment, there seems to be no rush about setting a move-in date. They're probably right about waiting until she hears from grad schools and decides on a place. But still, I'm so anxious. I want to see him co-habitating with someone. I think it'll be quite the sight to see.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails