Saturday, May 22, 2010

Noni's Stargazing Saturday: The Due Date Is Getting Closer

***Noni is one of my really good friends from college. She's starting a family with a baby boy and working on herself and her relationships at the same time. Things won't always be easy, but they're usually always interesting.***

Noni definitely holds the title of the first of my friends to reproduce. There are other people close to me who have children, such as my god-sister who I grew up with because our dads are best friends. But Noni is different. She was one of my closest friends during college and we went through a lot together.

All my people have their place. Sonny is my "building a stable adult life" friend. Melody is my "little sister repeating my own experiences" friend. Top is my "single, independent, and young-in-the-city" friend. Lion is my "balancing career planning and dating" friend. Bad is my "reformed bachelor" friend. And Noni is my "working on being a mommy and having a relationship at the same time" friend.

Noni is the dreamer, the one who I would play, "In A Perfect World" with. We would imagine what would be different about our lives at exactly that moment if it were what we considered perfect. We should've written it down because it changed over time (obviously) and it would've been nice to look back on the changes.


But as she prepares for the arrival of her son, things suddenly feel more real to her. She's been talking about wanting a baby since I first met her. She's definitely the mothering type. I don't think she intended on having her son at this time in her life, but I know she'll make a good mother. And I know Eric will make a good father. I just hope they can work out doing it together instead of apart.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails