Sunday, May 2, 2010

How My Love Life Is Like Sex and the City, Part 1

So, most of my friends and I refer to the men in my life as various men in Carrie's life from Sex and the City. I'll explain how my life fits (and how it doesn't) in a series of posts. So here are the main players:

Carrie: me (duh, lol)
Big: Bad
Aidan: Light
The Russian: PT
Berger: the Ex

There are also some really close comparisons with some of the smaller, less important men over the years the show has run, but they don't much warrant a mission.

So, let's start with how Bad is my Big. We basically shared a passion for passion. We enjoyed each other's company, but when I decided I wanted more, he couldn't give me what I wanted. Then we decided we should be friends right around the time he got a Natasha. Natasha is one of his exes. He was so serious about this girl. She was his first real grown up relationship.

So now, Bad and I are just friends; he's one of my best friends. But there is a divergence here. He's no longer with Natasha, now he's with Jordan. And when he had his moment of thinking maybe we should have another try, I said no. I'm so glad I did because it preserved our friendship and I truly think he would've picked Jordan anyway in the end, leaving my ass hanging out to dry.

So we have this situation where I'm invested in him as a friend and don't want anything more. He's so in love with Jordan and is invested in me as a friend and doesn't want anything more. So the Carrie-and-Big-ending-up-together thing isn't in my future. We stopped where Carrie and Big were friends and before the cheating started. By the way, I always thought Carrie and Big were such selfish assholes for sneaking around like that. Who cares if you love the people you're hurting?! Quit being greedy and pick one person!

But anyways, in Part 2, I'll explain how Light is my Aidan.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hmmm well I never saw Sex in the City but once a chick in a restaurant came up to me and said "I have been looking at you since you came in, I thought you were Aiden from SITC"

thats all I know about it!

CeCe said...

Oh wow, I wonder if she meant you looked like Aidan from the show or if you looked like John Corbett. There's not much different, but it kind of is. You must be very tall.

Anonymous said...

Hmmm
well I'm 6'2 I guess tall is relevant. I don't know what she meant, she said that and I said "I hope he'sa good lookin fella" and she said "Oh yeah" or something like that so I said thanks and that was it.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails