Monday, April 26, 2010

Melody & Tweety

Melody is new to this blog. She's my little sister who's just started college (well, back in August is when she started). She has been seeing this guy for a couple weeks and tonight I finally got the whole story. I'll call him Tweety.

They met while she was at her friend's house for Easter dinner. He's a second cousin of her friend or something. They both ended up volunteering to do a praise dance for the friend's church for their church anniversary. I don't know how much you know about praise dancing (that's why I linked to the video), but it requires a bit of practice. And since they had to do the dance in two weeks, it meant suddenly spending a lot of time together.

The night after they did the dance, he tells her he's interested in her. She had been gauging her interest in him too, but she's never approach a guy. She told him she was interested and they started talking. They've been hanging out a lot and mixing friends and spending entire days together. It totally reminds me of my first college romance with Adam.

Tweety isn't really Melody's type of guy, but he pushes her out of his comfort zone. Now the conflict: they're at the same college now, but he's trying to leave. He's trying to get a band scholarship to another school that is states away. People who are 18 and 19 years old are ill-equipped to handle a long-distance relationship from Indiana to Mississippi. They just don't have the resources to regularly close the distance.

But good news. Tweety missed his audition because of car trouble. I don't want him to fail, but I don't want him to break Melody's heart. At least he's asking her to consider the possibility of a long-distance relationship. That means he's pretty serious and if he stays at their college, they'll have hope of having a real relationship. I'm so happy for her. This guy may be her first real adult romance without the overbearing presence of her father involved.

2 comments:

The Savage said...

Only very few people are adept at long distance relationships. Hopefully Melody is one of them if Tweety ever does transfer.
Have I told you I love your handle? No? How remiss of me.... When I first saw it I in my e-mail inbox, I thought it was a blogger friend of mine joking around as he is opt to do.... then I checked my blog....

CeCe said...

Why thank you, and I guess you're welcome that I was an actual person and not a friend playing a joke, lol.

Melody has actually had a long distance relationship before, but it ended horribly so now she's gun shy. I was trying to tell her she can't base decisions for her adult life on mistakes from her youth. We shall see though...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails