Thursday, March 10, 2011

Big Bad Thursday: Growing Up And Growing Together

***Big Bad Thursday is all about Bad. He's one of my best friends and was a charming, if commitment-phobic bachelor. He finally realized a woman was worth giving up complete and total bachelor-hood. So now Bad and Jordan are in love and working towards building a life together. They live in a wonderful apartment in Chicago and they are quite a fabulous couple.***
Read Big Bad Thursday posts


I mentioned in a post on my main blog that Bad and Jordan came to this gig of Easy's last weekend. Jordan and my mom really hit it off, which makes me happy. I feel that it's important to the long-term prospects for my friendships with men that their women be integrated into the family as well. I really like Jordan because she's so sweet and fun, but if she likes me and my family and enjoys spending time with her, we may avoid that point in life where a couple pares down their friends to only their mutual friends. I don't know if Bad would ever do it, but embracing Jordan will help me make that cut just in case.


It's just something to think about as you get older. I love all my friends and would love for the folks I write about in this blog to still be my closest friends in a decade. Whether or not that's possible cannot be known. But that is the inspiration for today's hunt for a link. Bad and Jordan seem to be doing well blending their lives but still maintaining their own personalities.


A google search for "mixing friends in a relationship" yielded several things about business, but then I saw this cute website with stuff for couples called Q and A section for Couple Issues to see if anything stuck out. Something did. It was a question about housewarming parties.


Here is the question. The question was how late was too late to have a housewarming party. The answer was "no, six months isn't too late. But two years is."


Bad and Jordan have been living together since August, so they're right around 6 months now. They are still furnishing and decorating their apartment. And I'm pretty sure they are planning on moving somewhere else when Bad's lease is up in June. So maybe they shouldn't have a housewarming in this place if they'll be moving so soon and theoretically having a housewarming in that new place. I already have an idea in my head for a great gift, so I can't wait til they do this.


I just had a thought, what if they're waiting until the house they'll live in as a married couple? I hope they don't do that because I imagine they'll be homeowners before they're married, at least from the way Bad discusses real estate. Either way, the good news is they have a whole range (according to etiquette) about when they could have a housewarming.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails