Thursday, March 3, 2011

Big Bad Thursday: You Are Committed, But That Doesn't Always Affect Those Around You

***Big Bad Thursday is all about Bad. He's one of my best friends and was a charming, if commitment-phobic bachelor. He finally realized a woman was worth giving up complete and total bachelor-hood. So now Bad and Jordan are in love and working towards building a life together. They live in a wonderful apartment in Chicago and they are quite a fabulous couple.***


Last week, I talked about an article from The Frisky. I didn't have much to say about what was going on in their relationship. Don't get me wrong, I love my drama-free couple. They just don't have constant changes and things in their relationship that would go into a blog. Being in grad school and working full time makes that happen. It's no biggie.


This week I have a story to tell that doesn't involve Bad and Jordan. This story is just about Bad. Which is totally okay since I pride this couple on having facts about each of them singly and not just facts about both of them as a couple.


The story about Bad is the type of story that happens to men when they are in committed relationships. Just because they've decided to be committed doesn't mean the women of the world get that and have agreed to make that commitment successful.


The story started like this, "I forgot what 24 was like." I agreed with him completely cause 24 year olds are... not 26 year olds. You will only get that if you have a very intact memory of the differences between who you were as 24 versus 26. But back to the story.


Bad had to go to this fundraiser party thing for work. He ended up there with two 24 year old women. They were there representing two women who are two of Bad's bosses. Anyways, Bad is charming and good looking and tends to attract more than his fair share of women. Apparently, these two decided they were part of that share.


As lyrics from "One More Drink" played in his mind, he informed the ladies he wasn't available for them to fight over that night. They chose not to listen to him. So while Bad was representing his company at the event, he was also dealing with these two chicks. Bad and I are close enough where he would tell me the whole true story, and I'm glad it ended well since I'm blogging about it.


Here's how it turned out. Even though it was an open bar and Bad took full advantage of it, he still maintained to the women that they didn't have a chance for him. I love when the important men in my life are men that can be counted on. Even though Jordan wasn't with him, she had nothing to worry about.


Bad recounts the event in a way that shows he was flattered by the attention. Even though he and Jordan lead lives that can be separated, he doesn't spend much social time without her. This evening was like a yeah-I-still-got-it moment. A guy (heck a person) needs that every so often. And he got flattered and then went home to the woman he loves.


I hope every story I'll ever tell about him ends that way.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails