Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Lion's Life Wednesday: Looking Forward To Next Month

***Lion is my best friend from college. He's a very focused young man working on getting his MD. This focus makes having a love life a very difficult undertaking. But he's making it happen somehow.***


Quick Recap [My last post about Lion was two weeks ago. I talked about Lion's good friend Rev and how we helped counsel Lion through a relationship issue with Rudy that he didn't want to talk out with her. I'm glad that issue is long gone. Or rather, tabled for a long time at least.] Read Lion's Life Wednesday posts.


Now Lion's focus in on next month. We are going to Florida for the second weekend in April. His fraternity throws this great party every year. This party is my favorite from college. It's so great that I time my trips to Florida so I can attend this party. I know I'm like year out of college, but this party has lots of alumni at it, so no biggie.


Lion is also looking forward to this party because it's a reunion for his fraternity. Plus, Rudy still lives in Tallahassee, so he gets to spend time with her. We had an interesting time working out how we were going to get there and where we were going to stay. Fly from Chicago or St. Louis? Fly into Jacksonville or Tallahassee? Rent a car or not? Hotel or not?


We finally worked it out where we're going to Fly from St. Louis to Jacksonville and get a ride to Tallahassee, then fly from Tallahassee to St. Louis. It's cheapest that way. And we're avoiding hotels. I'm gonna stay with Lion's nephew and he's obviously staying with Rudy. The only question now is whether our friend Rev, who's also in the fraternity, is bringing his new girlfriend.


Lion doesn't actually expect Rudy to come to this party. She says she's getting too old to be going to such parties. I feel some kind of way about that since I'm older than her. But Rudy is older than Lion, so I don't know if she's going to expect him to not go to the party next year. I guess we'll see. But I do know she's happy he's coming to visit. He doesn't get down there much during the school year because he is super busy and he is medical school after all.


But next month should be great. It's been a really long time since I've seen Rudy and Lion together. I'm really hoping to get a good feel for how they are as a couple. The thing I'll be looking for most is their physical comfort with each other. The last time we were all together, about two years ago, they weren't physically comfortable with each other in public.


That's not totally crazy though because they hadn't defined what they were and there wasn't much public aspect to their relationship. I think that was actually the first time they'd even been somewhere other than the super public (like a quad or something) where everyone in the room knew they were involved. I'm gonna chalk that up to the newness of it all. I bet it will be much better this year.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails