Friday, March 11, 2011

Michelle's T.G.I.Fridays: Apologies And Hope For The Future

***Michelle is a girl that grew up next door to me and we attended the same church. Now she's in her early 20s and living the single life. She goes on these dates that are either lovely or horrific. She's slightly terrified at the thought of committing to someone any time soon. And of course, she has the occasional man who really catches her eye and her heart.***
Read T.G.I.Fridays posts.


Last week, I wrote about this crazy story that happened to Michelle last semester when she accidentally ended up with a boyfriend. It was pretty funny to me, and I hope that funniness was conveyed through the blog post.


I was hoping that this week, I could just link to some post for a single girl deciding whether or not she wants to put herself in the market for a serious relationship. That meant nothing dramatic would be happening in Michelle's love life this week. Well, I won't be linking to anything because something did happen.


Two somethings happened actually. In a way, I'm glad they happened because they provided Michelle with a chance to focus on some bad things that happened and take the first step towards truly getting past it instead of just getting over it.


The first thing happened with Darren. I wrote a post about how terribly things ended with him and Michelle, which you can read here. Darren's relationship ended as predicted. That's what happens when you jump into a situation simply for the sake of being able to say you have a girlfriend. Darren called (or maybe texted, whatever) Michelle to inform her that his relationship was over.


He also apologized for what happened between the two of them back in December. I'm so glad he apologized, it took guts to do that. And even though they were good friends before all this went down, I'm glad that jerk got the karma that was coming to him. Maybe Darren and Michelle can be friends again after this, I don't know. I guess time will tell.


The second thing that happened was eerily similar to the first. Terrence reached out to Michelle just two days after Darren did. You can read about the demise of Terrence and Michelle here. It was even worse that what happened with Darren because Michelle had real love for Terrence. I think that made her feel even better when he reached out to her to apologize for what happened. I think he is still with his girlfried. Michelle didn't ask, and he didn't volunteer any info about the chick.


If he's still with her, maybe they'll work out. I'm hoping they don't. I guess that sounds mean, but whatever. If Michelle can't have him, but still kind of wants him, I don't want anyone else to have him. And they still have time to break up. If Terrence follows Darren's schedule, things should be falling apart between him and his "girlfriend" in about a week.


Michelle still has hope that things could possibly work out between her and Terrence eventually. I don't know how long she'll wait for eventually, but I'm all for hope. After how well things have turned out between Easy and me, I can only have hope that two people who truly love each other can work through anything.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails