Friday, March 4, 2011

Michelle's T.G.I.Fridays: Another Crazy Single Girl Story

***Michelle is a girl that grew up next door to me and we attended the same church. Now she's in her early 20s and living the single life. She goes on these dates that are either lovely or horrific. She's slightly terrified at the thought of committing to someone any time soon. And of course, she has the occasional man who really catches her eye and her heart.***

Last week, I finally got around to telling what happened between Terrence and Michelle. I'm glad to be past that for a while.


Michelle is still single. I guess I could tell the story I never told from last semester about how she had a boyfriend temporarily. I think I will tell the story. I mentioned this guy waaay back in September. He only got a paragraph in a long post that mentioned a couple of guys. Here is the paragraph.
There was this other guy too, who happened to be the fraternity brother of the first guy. He likes Michelle; she sees him as just a friend. She's been enjoying the attention, but not wanting to encourage it by spending too much time with him.
This guy and Michelle hung out a lot last semester. They got to be pretty good friends. He liked and and she liked him well enough. Let me put it this way, he was the only person around she could bear to spend time with. But he decided he really liked her.


He had a dinner party one night and some of his friends who Michelle doesn't really hang out with were there. At the party, one of those friends called her his girlfriend. She was like, "say what?" The guy explains to Michelle that neither of them are dating anyone else. Michelle thinks, "In this town." Then he explains to Michelle that he likes her and she seems to like him too. Michelle thinks, "but there's just no else else I like more, does that count?" Then he explains to Michelle that it feels right to him and no they haven't discussed it, but he thinks they should go with it. Michelle thinks, "what the hell? no discussion. You're a crazy person."


But Michelle says... nothing. At least not right then. I suppose it's not the best conversation to have with a guy in front of his friends that you really don't know well. I had fun joking that she had a boyfriend for a couple of days. It really was funny. But then she let his ass know that you don't just decide someone is your girlfriend, plus she's talking to other people who don't live in Charleston, plus the two of them will never have a serious relationship. Great story, right? I think so.



Now, for the rest of this post, I'm going to discuss what else has been going on with her.


There isn't much going on. Michelle still feels like the men in her world are next to nonexistent in Charleston and sucky everywhere else. She hasn't even mentioned Darren, Terrence, or Michael. That makes me happy because except for me mentioning them right now, they don't deserve to be mentioned.


So there's nothing really new to report. Perhaps next week, I'll link another article for a single girl who hasn't decided whether or not she wants it to be a long-term condition.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails