Sunday, March 6, 2011

Sonny's Sunday: Destination Wedding, Anyone?

***Sonny is an old friend of mine. We went to elementary, middle, and high school together. He's also my friend who's doing the super-adult thing. He and his new fiancee Cher just bought a house. They're working on planning a life together. Even with all that stability, their love life is still interesting.***


As far as I know, there's nothing new to report about Sonny and Cher from the last week. Just more of the same. Sonny is preparing for the GRE and searching for a job. Cher is working and waiting to plan the details of their wedding.


I began perusing wedding planning sites looking for something interesting to link to for this week's post. Here is what I found. It's a website called TheWeddingExperience.com. It's all about destination weddings. Since Sonny and Cher intend on getting married on a cruise ship, they fall under the destination wedding umbrella.


It's a website dedicated to helping you plan your destination wedding. They have partnerships with a number of cruise lines. Unfortunately, they don't partner with the line Sonny and Cher plan to use, but they did have a lot of interesting information about all the different planning tools one might need to make a destination wedding happened. What do I mean? Think sand-on-a-beach themed place cards for the reception.


I had a lot of fun poking around the website to see what they have to offer. I hope Cher is looking around for all the information she can gather about the type of wedding they want to have so when it's time to settle on details, she'll already have an idea of what she wants and what's possible. For instance, having doves released from your wedding aboard a cruise ship isn't the best idea.


If you're getting married on a boat, check out all the option. I love the holiday themed stuff. I can't imagine getting married on New Year's Eve on a cruise ship, but there must be a market for it. Some of the stuff (specifically those blue lanterns) were simply lovely, I wonder if I could get them at my plain old on-dry-land wedding I intend to have one day. They're the exact colors I've always imagined I'd have at my wedding.


Is it weird that the thing I want to know most about Sonny and Cher's upcoming nuptials is their colors? The wedding color palette is always important. If you check out the website have fun exploring. If not, hopefully I can have real stuff to report next week.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails