Monday, March 7, 2011

Gloria's Romantic Monday: A Small Bump In The Long Road Ahead

***Gloria is a friend of mine I know from church. She is a single mother. She has a boyfriend, Gregory, who we all love and her son's father, Rufus, who we all hate. She is fun-loving and hilarious. Gloria is the type of friend who'd be there for you at a party, when things get tough, or even if you need help applying for school.***


Last week, I talked about a conversation Gloria and I had about knowing if he's "The One". It was an interesting conversation and one I'm sure both us of were glad to have. I certainly don't have anyone else in my life (besides Lion's other best friend Rev) who's even in a comparable relationship right now. I'm not sure if Gloria does either. I like to think our discussions about are menfolk are as helpful to her as they are to me.


One of the things we discussed for the past post and this past week were the time issues she and Gregory had. I thinking knowing how badly things can turn out (like with Rufus) makes her appreciate Gregory all the more. But it's hard to show that appreciation when you're never around a person. He's got a lot on his plate right now, and I'm pretty sure that Gregory isn't actually neglecting Gloria.  Evey time I'm over her house, she's texting him back and forth or on the phone with him.


That's not the same as actually spending face to face time with a person. In the long-term grand scheme of things, it won't be like this forever. They are transitioning to making decisions for the two of them. But the decisions made individually are still taking their effect. I just hope it's only for a short time that Gloria continues to wish they had more time together.


So for now, they're making plans for the future and Gloria is threatening to move to Alaska. I told her there is nothing for her there except hairy men who are avid outdoorsmen. How's that for a stereotype that doesn't actually sound that bad? But I can't see Gloria with an avid outdoorsman. Plus, she loves Gregory too much to start over (her words, not mine).


I hope that next week, they will have spent some good quality time together. I doubt his schedule will have improved in seven days, but I just enjoy quick resolutions to problems.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails